We at Albert Bros. are passionate about the role we play in helping to conserve resources for future generations while making our community a better place to live and work. Recycling reduces the need to mine for raw materials and reduces both energy consumption and the emission of greenhouse gases that contribute to global climate change. At the same time, recycling helps maintain a steady supply of raw materials for America and the rest of the worlAlbert Bros., Inc. turns materials that would otherwise become waste into valuable resources. Collecting metals, batteries, electronics, wood, paper and plastic is just the first in a series of steps that generates a host of financial, environmental, and social returns. Many of these benefits accrue locally as well as globally by keeping hundreds of millions of pounds of material out of our landfills.
A sustainable planet cannot exist without recycling. The recycling industry provides valuable feedstock for the production of goods. The use of recyclable materials in manufacturing produces enormous benefits:
• Eliminates the need for mining, drilling for oil and natural gas, and other harmful environmental practices used to harvest raw materials;
• Slows the pace of global deforestation;
• Reduces landfill use
• Lowers energy costs;
• Cuts greenhouse gas emissions;
• Creates hundreds of thousands of jobs in local communities; and
• Builds a culture among employers and employees of proper environmental, health, and safety practices.in mind.
Our planet needs the help of recycling for a sustainable future.
• 130-135 million metric tons diverted from landfills each year
• 27-90% reduction in energy consumption depending on commodity
• 35-96% lower greenhouse gas emissions depending on the material
Recycling 1 ton of material is equivalent to*:
• 7,400 miles driven by an average passenger vehicle;
• 3,300 pounds of coal burned; and
• Annual sequestration by 3.9 acres of U.S. forests.
*Calculation based on the average figure for all commodities, materials, and working with manufacturers to encourage design with recyclability in mind.