Industrial and Retail Recycle Exclusion List
Albert Bros., Inc.
MATERIALS NOT ACCEPTED
Affirming that Albert Bros., Inc. and its subsidiaries are dedicated to the recycling of your materials in a safe efficient and environmentally responsible manner that complies with federal, state, and local laws. To this end we will not accept the following materials:
- Closed, sealed containers of any type, including but not limited to the following: propane bottles, oxygen & acetylene cylinders; welding type cylinders; gasoline/fuel cans or tanks from motor vehicles, lawn mowers, snow blowers, etc. that are not drained.
- Empty drums, barrels, or any other container marked as containing or suspected of containing liquid, powder, gases, fumes, etc. that may be hazardous or potentially hazardous.
- Empty underground storage tanks unless they are accompanied by written certification they are clean and meet all the requirements of Albert Bros.,Inc. “Tank Acceptance Policy”.
- Cracked or leaking batteries that are not bag sealed.
- Scrap containing residue from hazardous materials/wastes such as PCBs, Asbestos, Freon, / CFCs, Mercury, Cadmium containing materials. Examples may include but are not limited to:
- PCB-containing ballasts
- PCB-containing transformers
- PCB-containing capacitors
- Automobile Airbags
- Mercury Switches
- Appliances containing small PCB Capacitors or Refrigerants
- Computer Monitors, Televisions, and any other product containing Cathode Ray Tubes
- Radioactive materials or radioactively-contaminated materials.
- Asbestos or similar materials, including but not limited to insulation found on equipment, pipes, or boilers.
- Metal materials with significant non-metallic materials loosely associated, or attached , or mixed with (not an incorporated part of the recyclable metal material). Examples include, but are not limited to non-metallic materials such as tires, glass, plastic, concrete, wood, brick or soil.
- Military, military grade ordinance or anything explosive.
- Hospital/Medical Scrap unless accompanied by written certification indicating that it is free of radioactive materials, radioactive contamination, and or bio-hazard wastes and contamination.
- Nickel-Cadmium (Ni-cad) batteries.
- Free flowing oil and or fluids that have specific handling requirements.
- Whole vehicles or re-useable component parts (See Albert Bros., Inc. “Auto Scrap Acceptance Policy”)
- Anything hazardous either as a listed known chemical or if it exhibits any of the characteristics of hazardous waste identified in RCRA 40 CFR 261.10 (Ignitability, Corrosivity, Reactivity, and EP Toxicity).
The company, in accordance with applicable laws, will enforce our inbound scrap quality program by utilizing specialized equipment, and the careful inspection of incoming loads.
We appreciate your continued business and thank you for your support in the proper handling of these materials.