Date: March 18, 2020
To our valued Albert Bros. Community:
We want you to hear directly from us during this difficult time and know that protecting the health, safety and well-being of our Team Members, Customers, Suppliers, and the Community at large is of the utmost importance to us. We take our social responsibility very seriously and have adjusted our regular practices in support of this top priority.
At this time, we are continuing to operate, albeit in a modified way, and will remain open while we closely monitor the Coronavirus/COVID- 19 developments both locally and nationally. We are working in accordance with CDC and state guidelines as well as recommendations set forth by International Standards and our own additional safety measures.
To our Business Partners:
At this time, we are not anticipating any interruptions to your scrap pick-ups or outbound shipments. Should your production schedule, needs or demands change, please let us know so that we can adjust accordingly. Please call our Dispatch / Traffic Department at 1-800-486-2528 or your Sales Representative directly.
To our Community Members and Logistics Partners:
We have taken significant steps to minimize contact and proximity between individuals, wherever possible. We ask for your patience and cooperation as we work through this together.
We have put several new policies and procedures in place. These include:
- Measures taken to implement social distancing
- Suspension of all nonessential travel
- Modified, reduced, and eliminated internal in-person meetings
- Shift changes and team members working from home where possible
- Restricted external visitors to only those essential for business operations
- Additional cleaning and disinfecting protocols at our locations
- No heroes – anyone who is feeling sick is to stay home and seek medical attention
- Disclosure and self-quarantine for 14 days if team members have:
- Been in contact with somebody who has a confirmed case of the COVID-19 virus
- Travelled to a high-risk area as determined by the CDC/WHO in the last 14 days
- Symptoms indicative of COVID-19
We recognize that the COVID-19 pandemic is one with dynamic conditions, so you can anticipate future communications as we adjust to any changes. One thing that will not change is our dedication to delivering the highest quality service to our community, in accordance with our unconditional Core Values.
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to us and let us know how we can help. We welcome your thoughts and suggestions.
As always, it is an honor and a privilege to serve you. We are all in this together.
Eric Albert President & CEO